St. James Catholic School develops the whole person and fosters intellectual and moral virtues through academic excellence and love for the truth. The values we cultivate inspire a relationship with Christ, which we witness to the world.
- is the reason for this school
- is the unseen but ever-present teacher in its classes
- is the model of its faculty
- is the inspiration of its students
- Catholic teachings, faith and traditions integral to the curriculum
- Faith-based and nurturing environment
- A rigorous, time-tested curriculum
- Caring and committed faculty
- Reinforcement of family environment
- Promotes discipline, respect, and responsibility
Key Information about our school
Type of School: Archdiocese of Denver Catholic School, Preschool – 8th Grade.
School Day Hours: Full day is 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.; half day available for Preschool & Pre-k is 8 a.m. to noon
Location: Denver Neighborhood of Montclair, west of Lowry and SW of Stapleton
Total students: 200
Uniforms: In K through 5th grade, students wear red and white polo shirts, blue pants; girls have the option of woodland plaid skort/skirts or jumpers. In Middle School (6th – 8th), students wear white or blue polo shirts and woodland plaid skort/skirts or jumpers or tan pants. Also, all SJ students wear a mass day uniform to include a tie and red sweater vest and it is required.
Boys and girls cross country team
Boys and girls basketball
Boys and girls volleyball
Boys and girls Futsal
Faculty: 19 teachers; many with master’s degrees. All teachers hold current State Teaching Licenses.
Average Class Size: 20
Academic Enrichment: Register in school office
Call office for registration information 303-333-8275
Financial Aid Availability: Sources of financial aid available to students include Schmitz Family Foundation, ACE
Accreditation: NCA (North Central Accreditation) and AdvancED